I know I drop little snippets about my life here and there as I write this blog. But you’ve been lucky so far…you all definitely don’t know the true extent of just how weird I actually am.
So at the risk of losing all of my readers…and the risk of officially confirming my strangeness to the world…here are a few weird things about me! And who knows? Maybe I’ll share some more if this isn’t a complete failure. Without further ado, here are 7 of the little quirks that my friends put up with on a daily basis:
1. I like my chocolate bitter and my coffee black. I like green bananas and cold oatmeal. Actually, I just love oatmeal period. Is it weird that the main reason I am excited to go to sleep at night is so I can have oatmeal in the morning? …That was rhetorical.
2. I am a pun spitting machine. I’ve got quite the repertoire of punny, corny, cheesy jokes galore. You will groan. You will roll your eyes. But you will secretly chuckle inside along with me. And if you’re not secretly enjoying it…we can’t be friends.
3. One thing I must have to prevent myself from going insane is calming, mind-clearing, deep-breathing, alone time. One of the best ways for this is to go for a long run. Another is to go for a long drive with my “songs that never get old” playlist. I also prefer to drive barefoot (this may or may not be illegal).
4. Some people eat their feelings when they’re upset, but I eat when I’m happy. I completely lose my appetite if I’m sad…but I can always always always stomach ice cream.
5. My body is perpetually cold. It is completely normal (aka completely NOT normal for the rest of the human population) to find me on a typical summer day like today, wearing a sweatshirt and eating soup.
6. I always wear two different bright colored socks with my sneakers. Just try not to be happy when you look down at your feet while you’re running. Not possible.
7. I have a small addiction to peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.
Lately I’ve been branching out to almond butter, and it mayyy have surpassed peanut butter as my nut butter of choice. One thing I hate is how unspreadable they can be…and this recipe (if you can even call it that) solves this problem.
Basically, you blend equal parts of nut butter and almond milk to make a creamy smooth nut butter that is half the calories! Which obviously means you can eat twice as much :)
Half the Calories Almond Butter
from Oh She Glows
Yield: Approx. 28 tablespoons or 1 and 3/4 cup
- 3/4 cup natural almond butter
- 3/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon, or to taste
Directions: In a blender add your almond milk, almond butter, and ground cinnamon. Blend until smooth. Store in the fridge in a sealed container. Makes 1 and 3/4 cups.
Nutritional Info: (Makes approx 28 tbsp) Per tbsp: 45 kcals, 4 grams fat, 0.4 grams sugar, 1 gram protein, 2 grams carbs.