I usually eat really simple and fast breakfasts that require minimal prep–eggs, smoothies, or overnight oats. But sometimes (rarely) I am extra motivated to food prep for the entire week, and baked oatmeal makes for an awesome breakfast.
This is adapted from Fitnessista’s recipe–love her blog! It is naturally sweetened from the banana and spices, so feel free to add additional sweetener if that is how you usually like your oats!
Blueberry Peach Cinnamon Baked Oatmeal
Adapted from Fitnessista
2 cups old fashioned oats (for gluten-free, be sure to use gluten-free oats)
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1 teaspoon baking powder
pinch of salt
1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
1 and 1/2 cups unsweetened almond milk
1 ripe banana, mashed
1 egg, beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 large peach, sliced
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9×9 baking dish with nonstick spray or grease with coconut oil.
- In a large bowl, whisk the oats, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, salt and baking powder to combine.
- Stir in the almond milk, banana, vanilla, egg, and coconut oil.
- Pour the oat mixture into the baking dish and spread evenly. Place fruit on top of the oat mixture
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until set and the oats are fluffy.
- Cool slightly before serving, or to room temperature before storing in the fridge. Cut into individual portions before storing in the freezer.
If you need a little extra sweetness, add some dried fruit or maple syrup or honey!
This is for a MASSIVE serving–if you split the 9×9 pan into four servings!